The theme for the upcoming conference is "Solidarity and Community"
NALS welcomes submissions on all topics relevant to the work of
Emmanuel Levinas, but we especially encourage topics that address the
conference theme, including but not limited to:
- Solidarity, service, and/or social justice
- Religion and community
- Levinas in dialogue with Christianity and/or Catholic social
- Talmudic teaching, solidarity, and community
- Righteousness and human rights
- Non-violence, restorative justice, and/or peace
- Equality, equity, and justice
- Immigration, solidarity, and community
- Climate justice and our shared environment
- Intersectionality, justice, and solidarity movements
- Race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disability in community
- Generational solidarity & community
ALL PROPOSALS ARE DUE *MARCH 10th, 2020.*
Please prepare materials for blind review and send them via email
attachment by *March 10th, 2020*, to the conference host, Katie Kirby (email@example.com), with the subject "NALS 2020 Proposal." All submissions
will be acknowledged, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out by
March 31st, 2020, along with information on conference registration.
Individual Paper Proposals should be 200-300 words for a 15-20
Panel Proposals should be 400 words for 75-90 minute panel sessions.
Please include on separate cover the session title and name of organizer or
panel chair, along with participants' names, institutional affiliations, disciplines or departments.